If you are not happy with the direction that your life is taking then you have to determine if you wish to change your life. No one else is responsible for changing your life. You cannot sit back and expect it to be better if you do not make the effort.
1. DETERMINE THE CHANGE YOU WISH TO MAKE. Sit down and figure out what it is that is not working for you in your life at the present moment. Do you have a vision in your head of what you would like? Do you have a desire for weight loss? Do you wish to purchase a home? Do you hate your job and want a better one? Get a piece of paper, and write down everything that you love and hate about your current situation. List all of the pros and cons. Having the information on paper where you are able to see it written out is very helpful in clarifying and setting a goal.
2. LAY OUT A PLAN FOR CHANGE. Now that you have determined your goal, you need to figure out what is your plan of action to achieve it? Write out the steps that you need to take in order to achieve your goal. If you need to research information then take the time to do that. If you need the assistance of experts then allow yourself to contact the appropriate person/s. Take whatever steps you need in order to clarify your plan.
3. MAKE MINI GOALS. The best way to work towards accomplishing your end goal is to create mini goals along the way. By using this method, your end goal will be perceived to be less overwhelming. For example, if you wish to change jobs and you have determined in STEP 2 that you are missing some qualifications, then set a mini goal of taking one course or training that you need. After you have completed that requirement, you can then set another goal of the next training that you need.
4. ACCESS YOUR GOAL. As you work towards your goal, stop at various points to determine if you are still happy with the path that you are taking. It is possible to blindly go forward and then realize too late that end goal has changed. Take time to re-evaluate your choices and see how you feel. If your goal changes that is okay. Repeat STEPS 1-3 and begin again.
5. REWARD YOURSELF. Congratulations you have reached your goal! Reward yourself in some small way for your accomplishment. Remind yourself of all of your hard work and be proud of what you have done. Breaking old habits and patterns is difficult, but you did it.
Let Your Spirit Grow.com